Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vertical Horizon and Ed Kowalczyk (of Live) in Manila

Hey whaddup? It’s been a month since  I last blogged about my rockshow adventures and shenanigans. I know, it is becoming a habit for me to let a month or two passed by before I write about the epic rockshow I’ve been to. I’m sorry, I’ll try my best to not do it again. This is long overdue, passé. So, let’s get it on!

I must say, April 28, 2012 was a very awesome day for me. How can I not forget it? It’s my mom’s birthday! Plus it was Vertical Horizon and Ed Kowalczyk show all in one night. I couldn't contain the amazing things that happened that day. First I won two VIP tickets to their show and after that, I got to hang out with DH and Periphery.

So I brought my brother with me to the show to celebrate mom’s birthday (who, for sure, was having the grandest birthday party in heaven). We had a real good time! It was again, felt like I was reliving the night Incubus played here in Manila. I was on the same spot – front row, against the barricade. 

Matt Scannell of Vertical Horizon, Manila 2012
Matt Scannell is such a nice guy. You could tell the genuine smile and every praise he expressed. He loves adobi. Haha. No, it’s Adobo, but he kept saying adobi which was so cute. I could tell how he was amazed by the Filipino crowd. It was like everybody knew the lyrics to all the songs they were playing. 

I’m not much of a fan of Live, but I like them. I couldn't believe I was seeing the very handsome Ed Kowalczyk guy I always saw on MTV (Lightning Crashes) as a kid. He has changed a lot! Well, probably because he got older, but it was still the same voice I used to hear.  He was able to recreate the same exact vocals and rendition of his old songs from his old band. He was full of oomph throughout the show though the crowd’s energy level would rise and fall depending on the song that was playing.

Anyways, I managed to take good photos while enjoying the show. Check them out!







Matt Scannell, Vertical Horizon. Manila 2012

Vertical Horizon, Manila 2012

Vertical Horizon, Manila 2012

Matt Scannell, Vertical Horizon. Manila 2012


Matt Scannell, Vertical Horizon. Manila 2012





Matt Scannell, Vertical Horizon. Manila 2012

Matt Scannell, Vertical Horizon. Manila 2012

Matt Scannell, Vertical Horizon. Manila 2012



Ed Kowalczyk and friends













I know the watermark is so annoying. Sorry! All photos were taken by a point and shoot camera (Canon SX200IS with manual settings).

More photos on my Facebook account. Check them out HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Cool Stories Here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...